On Sep 25, 2009, at 9:45 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

On Sep 25, 2009, at 8:55 AM, Klaus Berkling wrote:

I have an odd behavior.

I have a cluster node, no web server, just wotaskd, and it starts up twice the number of instances it's suppose to. Anyone seen this? There are 30 instances configured and there are 60 starting up, then 30 die because ports are already in use.

WO5.3, Tiger 104.11.

Is this after a reboot? I think I saw this once where the first instances got blocked starting up (waiting for some service? I don't recall). WO thought they died so started up a second set. Then the first set got unblocked, launched, and the second set died as the port was in use.

This happens simply starting WebObjects in Server Admin.

At the moment I'm redoing the SiteConfig and I also increased the time allowed to start an instances to 60 seconds (from 30). So far so good. 140 instances to go...

Thanks

kib

"The trouble with normal is it always gets worse."
Bruce Cockburn

Klaus Berkling
Systems Administrator
DynEd International, Inc.