On Mar 9, 2010, at 6:20 PM, Paul Hoadley wrote:

Hello,

I have an app deployed using JavaMonitor. I run just a single instance. I have it scheduled to restart daily at 0300.

At random times, I'll have users contact me that "can't log in". Indeed, the main URL shows "No instances available", and JavaMonitor shows the instance to have Refuse New Sessions ON. Flipping that OFF using the red button in the All Instances row solves the problem.

I _assume_ the app goes into Refuse New Sessions mode prior to a restart, yet it's showing the next restart to be "Wed @ 03:00", which is some six hours away. The log shows nothing unusual prior to lines like this:

Mar 09 21:05:06 PBF[2001] DEBUG NSLog - !!! Request will be REDIRECTED to non-refusing instance </Apps/WebObjects/PBF.woa>

I assume that's just a symptom. So what can cause JavaMonitor to spontaneously drop an instance into refusing new sessions?

Did the app actually stop and restart the previous night? If you have a stuck session, it will start refusing sessions, but it can't actually stop and restart. That sounds like what you are seeing.

Chuck

--
Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.