Hi,
I'm actually looking to generate a string containing different "parts", so I have to generate the string in code and bind the method to a WOString in WOBuilder.
But I'm having issue using NSTimestampFormatter directly in code.

Searching for the correct way to use it, I found a post but it doesn't seem to work...

Here's what I have:
        public String stringToDisplay() {
NSTimestampFormatter dateTimeFormatter = new NSTimestampFormatter( "%A %e %B %Y", new DateFormatSymbols ( Locale.FRENCH ) );

try {

return item.title() + dateTimeFormatter.parseObject (item.dateAndTime().toString());


Why call parse when you want to format?
I'm not sure I should answer, I already feel stupid;)

return item.title() + dateTimeFormatter.format(item.dateAndTime ());
catch (IllegalArgumentException e) {
    return  item.title() + "Invalid Date/Time";
}

Thanks Chuck, it works like a charm:)

        }



NSTimestampFormatter inherits from java.text.Format, check the JavaDoc for that class too.
I will, to make sure I won't ask that twice;)

Thanks again:)

Chuck



And it gave me:
Main.java:144: unreported exception java.text.ParseException; must be caught or declared to be thrown

So I know I have to caught/declare the exception, but I'm still figuring how to do it:(

Anyhow I didn't found documentation on how to use NSTimestampFormatter in code...

Xavier
_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/chill% 40global-village.net

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]



--
Coming in 2006 - an introduction to web applications using WebObjects and Xcode http://www.global-village.net/wointro

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems. http://www.global-village.net/products/ practical_webobjects







_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to