If you want to program WO, you really do want to know Java well. Take a day off and read through Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in Java". It's free and your life will be a simpler and happier one :-).

You can grab a copy here:
http://www.pythoncriticalmass.com/

Cheers,
- Hugi


On 27.10.2005, at 15:05, Dev WO wrote:

Hi,
I'm actually looking to generate a string containing different "parts", so I have to generate the string in code and bind the method to a WOString in WOBuilder.
But I'm having issue using NSTimestampFormatter directly in code.

Searching for the correct way to use it, I found a post but it doesn't seem to work...

Here's what I have:
        public String stringToDisplay() {
NSTimestampFormatter dateTimeFormatter = new NSTimestampFormatter( "%A %e %B %Y", new DateFormatSymbols ( Locale.FRENCH ) ); return item.title() + dateTimeFormatter.parseObject (item.dateAndTime().toString());
        }

And it gave me:
Main.java:144: unreported exception java.text.ParseException; must be caught or declared to be thrown

So I know I have to caught/declare the exception, but I'm still figuring how to do it:(

Anyhow I didn't found documentation on how to use NSTimestampFormatter in code...

Xavier
_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/hugi%40vefsyn.is

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to