Hello Ute;

In an action trigger a response, which hands over the html for a WOComponent filled with data from the database as a string, which could be parsed (Hyperlinks adjusted ect.) and sent as the content of a htmlEmail via smtp-mailer.

I have been known to do this to get the output of a component for mail production...

WOContext dummyCtx = new WOContext(new WORequest("GET","/","HTTP/ 1.1",null,null,null)); MyComponent component = (MyComponent) app.pageWithName ("MyComponent",dummyCtx);
        NSData componentData = component.generateResponse().content();

...then I use standard "javamail" (download from Sun site) to generate a mime message. Finally, I transport the resultant mime message over java mail. When I need to bundle images into the email rather than use external links, I use a component in my framework (download from my site) called "LEWOCIDImage" which will create the correct links in the HTML and will also produce mime parts to pop into the mime message as part of the WOResponse's 'userInfo' dictionary. See the section called "CID-Referenced Images for Email Creation with Images" in the PDF documentation.

You may also be interested in having a look at my "LEWOJavaMailHelper" in the same framework which can do some of the laborious stuff for you in this process.

This may or may not be what you are after.

cheers.

___
Andrew Lindesay
www.lindesay.co.nz



_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to