there are a few strategies for dealing with this. Partially it depends on if the server and client are on the same machine for development. if client and server on same machine: what I do is let the client connect to the server and get the wsdl. Now the client knows where the server is and what port to talk to. Now shut down the server and move it over a few port numbers and start up TCPMonitor to listen on the original server port and output to the new port.if the server is on a different machine: in this case I usually grab the wsdl by hitting the server's wsdl url in a browser and viewing the source. Then I save it to a file and change all servername:port references to 127.0.0.1:port num with the port number being the port number I am starting TCPMonitor listening on. On another subject, if you need to customize your WSDL to be compatible with non-Apple clients, consider going the D2WS route with frozen components... Alex __alex cone ceo c o d e f a b inc 212.465.8484 x101 "New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin." ---Mark Twain, 1884 On Nov 30, 2005, at 12:54 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
|
_______________________________________________ Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored. Webobjects-dev mailing list ([email protected]) Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription: http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com
This email sent to [email protected]
