James,

In my opinion, the answer depends on a number of factors:

1.  The size of the total set of data you're managing
2.  The frequency of requests
3.  The size of the requests results relative to the total data set
4.  The number of queryable attributes you might filter on
5.  The performance of your database back end

Also, in general, if EOF CAN handle it, I usually let it, and make sure that I've bumped up faulting amounts so that I minimize round trips.

Can you give us more detail?

Ken


On Jan 13, 2006, at 10:49 AM, James Cicenia wrote:

Hi -

I am getting a lot of requests for all these queries/fetches. I was wondering that since the original set of projects will always be faulted in based upon the relationship of Portfolio -->> Project, I was wondering if it would be faster
to just filter the existing array or to create a new database fetch?



Also, are NSSet operations fast or slow? Could I just create sets (views) of
the objects and then just union/intersect/subtract these sets??



Any comments would be appreciated.

- James Cicenia
_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/lists% 40anderhome.com

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to