Galen,

Take some slow deep breaths before your head explodes. Here's the beauty of an open source project for you: you don't have to use it. If you think it isn't meeting your needs, run along and pay for something that will. If wonder dies, it dies, but right now a lot of people see it as very useful and beneficial, even if you don't. And if you don't, that's totally fine. If you don't see it as beneficial, don't use it. It's hard to feel ripped off if a volunteer open-source community creates something that you don't like, and you shouldn't get super angry if they don't take the project (or, especially, some small aspect of the project) in the direction you want it to go in.

Mark