On Oct 30, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Thomas wrote:

OK, just to be simple I've removed virtual hosts, without change.

I've tried all sorts of HostName combinations, but I believe that is a red herring.

I believe that the real problem is that wotaskd is not listening on port 1085. I can't connect to it with a browser,

What happens?  Might it be password protected?

and although ps tells me wotaskd was launched with ... -WOPort 1085 ... netstat does not list anything using port 1085.

You can also try

sudo lsof -i tcp:1085

Chuck

I guess I'll just give up on Leopard development for now, and use an older 10.4 machine to do development. Direct connect is not an option, because my apps use mod-rewrite and readable URLs for most links.

Regards
Thomas