On 02/01/2009, at 4:35 PM, Sanford Selznick wrote:

I made it to tutorial 2.

Yay :-)

The binding described below is not found. Both PageWrapper and Main are in the same package.

-----
PageWrapper.html:

<title><wo:str value="$^title" /></title>

-----
PageWrapper.api (edited by eclipse/wolips):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wodefinitions>
       <wo class="PageWrapper.java" wocomponentcontent="false">

       <binding name="title"/>
       <validation message="'title' is a required binding">
           <unbound name="title"/>
       </validation>
   </wo>
</wodefinitions>

-----
And then title is set in Main.html:

<wo:PageWrapper title="Login Page">
</wo:PageWrapper>

If I change the first line to <wo:PageWrapper>, the error goes away. I do not understand why PageWrapper is not seeing its own binding.

-----

When I run my app I'm getting this error:

takeValueForKey()]: attempt to assign value to unknown key: 'title'. This WOComponent does not have an instance variable of the name title or _title, nor a method of the name setTitle or _setTitle' object '' key 'title'>

The error is telling you the problem. You've not got a setter for title in the PageWrapper component. You choices are: a) do away with the carrot symbol and provide getter/setter methods in your components b) override WOComponent#synchronizesVariablesWithBindings and return false (the default is true which requires a setter/getter for each key .. or, for those less inclined to proper encapsulation, a public variable)

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck