On Jan 6, 2009, at 5:31 PM, David Holt wrote:

An application that I have converted from XCode to Eclipse is throwing an error when I save a new document EO. I went back in and looked at the old version of the model in the XCode app and the relationship is marked as to-one optional. The entity modeler version is mandatory to-one and if I try to set it back to optional, it gives me a warning: "The relationship documentContent is optional but the attribute id does not allow nulls". What do I need to do to model this correctly and/or get rid of the error on save?

David

I may not be the best person to answer this, since I'm not quite current on WO and entity modeler, but I think a sound guess is that the id field to which the relationship is bound has been set to not allow null values. To have an optional relationship, it would seem that you want to allow null in the id field since having something in the id field would imply a related record exists.

Hope that helps,
Kevin