Thanks Riccardo... Ok... so it looks like your storing the id in the database as a string (with a maximum of 3 characters).

At first I thought you were storing it as a number in the database but now that you sent this I realized that id() returns a String and forID() takes a String as an argument too.

Thanks


On Feb 13, 2009, at 3:11 PM, Riccardo De Menna wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

Sorry for being late but I've been out of town for a while.
I was looking for a way to use Java enums converting them directly from the model.
This setup seems to work nicely.

I have a Client class (an regular EOEnterpriseObject subclass) that holds a nested java enum like the following named Status.

public class Client extends _Client {
        public enum Status {
                ACTIVE(0),
                DISABLED(1),
                TRIAL(2),
                DELETED(-2);
private static final Map<Integer,Status> lookup = new HashMap<Integer,Status>();
                private final Integer _id;
                private Status(Integer id) { _id = id; }
                public static Status forID(String id) {
                        return lookup.get(new Integer(id));
                }
                public String id() {
                        return String.valueOf(_id);
                }
                static {
                        for( Status s : EnumSet.allOf(Status.class) )
                                lookup.put(s._id, s);
                }
        }
}

And my attribute model is setup as follows:
<attribute.png>


Transformation to and from the db is done via the forID/id methods. In this case I'm converting to a CHAR but one could use an INT or whatever else.

rdm


On 10/feb/09, at 22:28, Ricardo J. Parada wrote:

Cool thanks.

On Feb 10, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Riccardo De Menna wrote:

Ricardo... I read your email but I'm traveling till friday night. I promise to send you a screenshot as soon as I get back home.

rdm


_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to