On Mar 24, 2009, at 10:09 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

/Library/Frameworks/OpenBasePKPlugin.framework

I am not sure about that one. See if it has Resources/Java/*.jar in it.

WO comes with an OpenBase plugin bundled.

Yes it does...

$ ls /Library/Frameworks/OpenBasePKPlugin.framework/Resources/Java/
openbasepkplugin.jar

And that .jar has a single com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.OpenBasePKPlugIn.class file which extends the JDBCPlugIn class.

I know that initially my application was generating primary keys using the EO_PK_TABLE. And then I downloaded a newer OpenBaseJDBC.jar many months ago and my application started generating primary keys using the select NEWID scheme. But I have never used the OpenBasePKPlugin.framework in my classpath following the instructions on that page.

But as soon as I did that I started running into a problem right away. I started getting exception fetching EOs that have a java enumerated types as one of their properties. So I removed the OpenBasePKPlugin.framework from my classpath and emptied back the Plugin text field in the entity modeler. And as soon as I did that the problem went away.

So I'm just back to using just the updated OpenBaseJDBC.jar which already does the select NEWID for primary key generation.

I don't think the OpenBasePKPlugin.framework is needed. That page has to be really old. It still talks about EOModeler. They need to update it to Eclipse/WOLips entity modeler. :-)

Maybe scott keith will read this email and update that page since I had no luck subscribing to the openbase dev list.