Yes, I have seen this before when an error in appendToResponse of a WOComponent prevented the session to get checked back into the SessionStore at the end of the R-R loop.

To prevent the thread exiting and respawning and to get the error stack trace, I used Wonder's er.extensions.ERXApplication.useSessionStoreDeadlockDetection (which requires concurrent request handling to be turned off for that to work). Once you find the problem and fix it, you can turn back on concurrent request handling. This worked a treat and helped me find and fix the problem quickly.

For the mechanics of how it works see ERXApplication and the inner SessionInfo class and see references to the method public boolean useSessionStoreDeadlockDetection().

HTH, Kieran