Ken,

We had this exact same problem with the 5.3.3 servlet adaptor (thankfully, it was fixed in 5.4). If I recall correctly, what we ended up having to do was actually subclass WOServletAdaptor and implement the "destroy()" method described at http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/GenericServlet.html#destroy%28%29

In the destroy method, we'd use reflection to get the WOApplication class, get the value of WOApplication.application(), and invoke the "terminate" method on that. It wasn't terribly clean but it worked; thankfully, somebody fixed it in either 5.4 or the ERXServletAdaptor.

Bill

On 2009-09-03, at 9:31 PM, Ken Anderson wrote:

Doesn't anyone have any experience terminating properly under a servlet?

On Aug 27, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Ken Anderson wrote:

I'm using 5.3.3, and I just realized that terminate() never gets called. Doing a search, I find that this is a bug fixed in 5.4. The question is, can I find out the container is terminating without moving to 5.4 ?

This email sent to kenli...@anderhome.com

This email sent to b...@stratahealth.com

Bill Gallop
Software Developer