Well

I can not say for sure, but it is incredibly difficult to get folks who have
expertise in WebObjects anywhere, at low cost.  It also has been a dying
technology since NeXT got Apple back.  I am not sure why it was never just open
sourced, other than it must be that somebody somewhere at ex-NeXT or Apple has
an unreasonable ego.

Also, there is no reason for a large company that has staffing requirements, to
not use technologies that have broader exposure in advance to incoming
technology professionals