On Jul 13, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Kevin wrote:

> I have an app that tends to lock up when a particular page is loaded. This
> page fetches and accesses over 1500 records from a FrontBase DB. When the
> problem happens I typically see a broken socket in the webobjects log file,
> and if I look in the FB manager the state column shows "tb swp" where the
> others show only "swp". Also CPU usage is quite high when in this state. It
> will stay this way until I kill it, or the app dies. If I kill that
> transaction and try again, most of the time it will work fine. Sometimes I
> have to restart the app.

SQL is not my strong suit, but after checking the SQL log and not finding
anything unusual, I ended up upgrading to the latest FrontBase5. Previously I
was running version 4. The upgrade required exporting to flat files and
reimporting, but that was a pretty smooth process. I'm not sure but I think the
export and import may have been the fix, not necessarily the upgrade.

The page now works fine. It takes a while to load the first time, but
subsequent loads are quick. I think it was probably doing that before as well
when it worked, I just didn't see that behavior myself since I was always
that didn't seem to make a difference. I think the way the page is built
requires creating a lot of objects in WO so the first load suffers.

Any pointers on how to circumvent creating all those objects would be helpful.
Not sure if that's possible in this case, but I'd bet some of you have tricks
up your sleeves for that sort of thing.

Thanks,