Hi Paul,

FWIW, I made a small change to ERXGenericRecord (integration branch) recently
that allows valueForKey( primaryKeyAttributeName ) to read the PK value ....
using "id" or whatever you use for PK field names to be used. This was to allow
a fetch qualifier qualified on the primary key attribute to be used in both
fetchspecs and in-memory qualification.

That might be a solution for what you are trying to achieve while avoiding the
derived attribute altogether.

-Kieran