Ted:

There are some excellent pages on the WOCommunity wiki about how to customize
D2W. In general, you subclass components to give them custom functionality and
then you use the rule system to inject your custom components into the flow of
the project.

http://wiki.wocommunity.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1048915&src=search

The “Flow Control” document would be useful in giving you options for putting
your own actions into your projects.

Tim
UCLA GSE&IS