> On May 31, 2016, at 12:05 AM, Paul Hoadley <pa...@logicsquad.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Ted,
>
> On 31 May 2016, at 11:23 am, Theodore Petrosky <tedp...@yahoo.com
> <mailto:tedp...@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>> Is there something special that I am missing.
>
> It’s hard to say. There’s no single way to do it, and I think we’re missing
> some context. I’m still not sure whether you’re setting this up just on a
> single self-contained host, or trying something more ambitious.

it is all a single host.
start with ESXi on a mac mini. then:

1. I installed centos into a VM on ESXi.
2. do all updates to centos then install Java JDK, httpd-dev, ant
3. set up both firewall and SELinux to permit http connections (I even open
ports 56789 and 1085) make sure I can see the apache web pages from outside the
box
4. set up appserver and appserveradm as per the wiki
5. follow the wiki to install WO (and pascal fixed the RPM so install wotaskd
and womonitor are a snap)

now I can access wotaskd from my workstation on 1085 and JavaMonitor on 56789

I have this setup running fine on a centos 6 box (but its an old mac mini (with
the cd/dvd) that is starting to act flaky)

I have done this before and it was not so difficult. the only difference here
is that Centos 7 is running as a VM inside ESXi.

>> I am on my workstation and I can go to http://ipnumber:56789
>> <http://ipnumber:56789/> and I can see the Wonder JavaMonitor page.
>
> That’s encouraging.
>
>> I tried to set up JavaMonitor to run as a WO app.
>
> Why? Just as a test? Do you have another app that you can install and test
> instead? It would be rather unusual to use JavaMonitor to run JavaMonitor.

yes it was a test. I also put three different apps (that are all working fine
on an old server setup). they gave me the same result.