Wait, what?  You had a life before?!!?   :-P

Maven is actually good and useful provided that you do things The Maven Way and
don’t try and fight it to do things the WO way.

Yes, Chuck just said that.  No, I have not been drinking.

Chuck

On 2017-05-11, 12:29 PM, "Webobjects-dev on behalf of Hugi Thordarson"
<webobjects-dev-bounces+chill=gevityinc....@lists.apple.com on behalf of
h...@karlmenn.is> wrote:

    The documentation on the wiki seems pretty outdated. But the transition
isn’t really complicated. Most of the work is the manual work of converting the
Eclipse project—here’s a basic guide for achieving that for an application
project:

    https://gist.github.com/hugith/e9a49e91fbcebe204e0feb4989f55631

    Note that before you can actually do this, though, you’ll have to copy the
following file to ~/.m2/settings.xml. It informs maven about the WOCommunity
maven repositories where the WO specific stuff lives.

    https://gist.github.com/hugith/e2887fad3baecdd493e0b9f5311fe0bf

    After having done this with a few dozen projects, migrating a regular
no-frills Fluffy Bunny project to maven takes me less than an hour these days
(including upgrading the Jenkins build :). I sincerely recommend you give it a
try. It’s a huge boon to productivity; dependency management alone will save
you hours of headaches if you’re using any 3rd party software. And not having
to manage framework installations is awesome.

    Also, I currently don't have a life so I’m usually online to help if you
run into issues ;).

    Cheers,
    - hugi

    > On 11 May 2017, at 18:59, Tim Worman <li...@thetimmy.com> wrote:
    >
    > I’m definitely interested in moving to Maven. It seems it can be a rocky
transition from what I’ve seen. But it also positions one better to make the
move to other technologies that probably utilize Maven too (Cayenne?).

    > Is the wiki pretty up-to-date regarding what’s required to mavenize?
    >
    > Tim
    > UCLA GSE&IS
    >
    >> On May 9, 2017, at 9:38 AM, Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is> wrote:
    >>
    >> You can also switch to maven and skip that whole “install
WebObjects”-mess [ducks and runs away before anyone can beat him up]

    >> - hugi
    >>

    >>> On 9 May 2017, at 16:05, Calven Eggert <cal...@mac.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I’ve finally managed to get the ERExtensions to compile without errors.
 The trick was to place the commons-lang3-3.5 folder (downloaded from apache)
in the Libraries folder in ERExtensions like so:
    >>> /Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Libraries
    >>>
    >>> And now all my WO projects run in Eclipse and from the terminal.
    >>>
    >>> Calven

original WOCookie class. Thus you probably have some sort of class ordering
problem in your project. Check if ERXExtensions comes before JavaWebObjects.

woolies.543.properties and now it works.  Thanks for that hint.  I suppose with
the changes we discussed earlier in getting this setup it messed this up.

run it from eclipse and I get this error (which I thought was going to be
corrected once that compile was working but no):

com.webobjects.appserver.WOCookie.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;IZZ)V
[java.lang.NoSuchMethodError]
com.webobjects.appserver.WOCookie.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;IZZ)V:java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

com.webobjects.appserver.WOCookie.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;IZZ)V
com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException._runtimeExceptionForThrowable(NSForwardException.java:39)
com.webobjects.foundation.NSSelector._safeInvokeMethod(NSSelector.java:124)
com.webobjects.foundation.NSNotificationCenter$_Entry.invokeMethod(NSNotificationCenter.java:588)
com.webobjects.foundation.NSNotificationCenter.postNotification(NSNotificationCenter.java:532)
com.webobjects.foundation.NSNotificationCenter.postNotification(NSNotificationCenter.java:546)
com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._handleRequest(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:370)
com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler.handleRequest(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:445)
com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.dispatchRequest(WOApplication.java:1687)
er.extensions.appserver.ERXApplication.dispatchRequestImmediately(ERXApplication.java:2092)
er.extensions.appserver.ERXApplication.dispatchRequest(ERXApplication.java:2057)
com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.runOnce(WOWorkerThread.java:144)
com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.run(WOWorkerThread.java:226)
com.webobjects.appserver.WOCookie.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;IZZ)V
er.extensions.appserver.ERXApplication.addBalancerRouteCookie(ERXApplication.java:2853)
er.extensions.appserver.ERXApplication.addBalancerRouteCookieByNotification(ERXApplication.java:2836)
com.webobjects.foundation.NSSelector._safeInvokeMethod(NSSelector.java:122)

hurt. Of course you will not be able to use the apple WebObjects.mpkg will not
install WO. You will need to use the WOInstaller.jar.

about ~/Library/Application\ Support/WOLips/wolips.properties

when you do an ‘ant frameworks’ at the top level of your repo?

however, I’m having problems with one of my applications.  When I build the
Wonder code I get an error with ERExtensions. See below.  I’ve downloaded the
file org.apache.commons.lang3 cause of the error message but I still get the
error.  I’m not sure where this new file should go but something tells me this
setup doesn’t feel quite right. Anyone else have the issue?

/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions
/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/build.xml

/Users/calven/Roots/classes/ERExtensions

/Users/calven/Roots/classes/ERExtensions
/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Sources/er/extensions/eof/ERXSortOrdering.java:5:
 error: package org.apache.commons.lang3.builder does not exist
org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.HashCodeBuilder;
/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Sources/er/extensions/eof/qualifiers/ERXExistsQualifier.java:13:
 error: package org.apache.commons.lang3 does not exist
/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Sources/er/extensions/eof/qualifiers/ERXExistsQualifier.java:14:
 error: package org.slf4j does not exist
/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Sources/er/extensions/eof/qualifiers/ERXExistsQualifier.java:15:
 error: package org.slf4j does not exist
/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Sources/er/extensions/eof/ERXFetchResultCache.java:3:
 error: package org.slf4j does not exist
/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Sources/er/extensions/eof/ERXFetchResultCache.java:4:
 error: package org.slf4j does not exist
/Users/calven/WonderSource/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Sources/er/extensions/eof/qualifiers/ERXExistsQualifier.java:69:
 error: cannot find symbol
LoggerFactory.getLogger(ERXExistsQualifier.class);

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tedpet5%40yahoo.com

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/johann.werner%40posteo.de

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/hugi%40karlmenn.is

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/lists%40thetimmy.com