I might be confused

Not sure this is the right API for what you want since this API is for a
specific page or object ID?

ra/Vote/2343.html

or

ra/User/jtayler.html

Is what I might expect

Those routes are HTML and either need default HTML or a static view page for
that entity that accepts an object to inspect.

Are you looking to invoke a list page?

This is a list with params and basically an apache rule redirects the URL into
the longer version and my app intercepts link URL requests and exchanges links
on production that are shorter.

http://planaby.com/event/nearby.html?distance=30.0&lat=40.7450127906344&lon=-73.9771424224899

or

http://planaby.com/person/1.html

Is just a simple ERRest route url translated by apache so it looks shorter in
production

Maybe that helps