> On Nov 23, 2021, at 5:17 PM, Paul Hoadley <pa...@logicsquad.net> wrote:
>
> Are you able to paste in some code? There's probably a solution, but this is
> getting a bit hard to follow in the abstract.

So, I fetch first

                EOQualifier qual =
DataPoint.TYPE.eq("twitter").and(DataPoint.KEY_STRING.likeInsensitive(username));

If there’s no EO, I create and save right away but at high volumes this CREATE
statement must create only unique entries and those entries must match this
qualifier which uses insensitive case

I figure the pattern should be to create an object with a DB level constraint
such that a duplicate raises an error, upon catching that error, I can simply
fetch again and return the one, single EO representing that record

When I tried regular constraints I did not see a way to replicate the required
logic, so I found some advise about triggers and some other things I didn’t
fully understand.

I realize usernames generally have this kind of issue, so I figure this is a
design pattern that is hardly unique to us and I should get advice!