Hi René,

I’m wondering if he got hired by Apple since I have not seen any activity from him since then.  :-)

Anyways, in the coming months I may start trying it out. And possibly start converting some of the appenders and pattern layout classes from log4j1 to log4j2. I found some good articles with examples on how those get implemented for log4j2.

I also saw your suggestion about perhaps moving those library specific classes to their own framework, e.g. ERXLog4jExtensions, ERXLog4j2Extensions, ERXLogbackExtensions.

We’re still using an ant based build.

I’m our code base we split the JavaXML framework into 3 separate frameworks (one for log4j, one for WSDL, and another one for the rest).

Regards,
Ricardo Parada