Hi Ricardo,

thanks for your effort. Sounds great.

regards,

René

Am 11.03.2023 um 17:31 schrieb Ricardo Parada
<rpar...@mac.com<mailto:rpar...@mac.com>>:

Hi René

I used Henrique’s fork to help us advance our Wonder fork to slf4j.

I commented out references to classes in ERXLog4j2LoggingAdapter and
ERXLogbackLoggingAdapter because we still have an ant based build and I don’t
know how to specify optional dependencies as he seems to have done in the
pom.xml for maven.

I am moving classes to separate frameworks as you and him had discussed. For
example, ERLog4j1Extensions, ERLog4j2Extensions and ERLogbackExtensions.

The application decides which logging library to use by adding one of these to
their .classpath / pom.xml.

For this to work I moved the slf4j log4j1 binding library from ERJars to
ERLog4j1Extensions. I also rewrote the currentBinding() and
createLoggingAdapter() in ERXLoggingUtilities to look up classes by name rather
than referencing the classes directly which requires optional dependency for
the code to compile.

My application is working and using ERLog4j1Extensions.

I’m am converting  ERXPatternLayout and its converter classes to their
equivalent in log4j2 and I will be putting them in the ERLog4j2Extensions
framework.

Once I have completed that portion and can launch my app successfully I’ll
report back.

Ricardo Parada

On Jan 31, 2023, at 10:42 AM, Ricardo Parada