2010/12/7 Samuel Gómez <fuljen...@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Sigrid Carrera
> <sigrid.carr...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2010/12/7 Samuel Gómez <fuljen...@gmail.com>:
>>> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Carlos Jenkins
>>> <hastciber...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> http://vipinnova.com/libreoffice/download/client-test.html
>>
>> I went to this website, clicked on the demo button and the
>> recommendation for me was deb/x86.
>> The architecture was correct, but since I'm using Mandriva, deb isn't
>> the right choice for me.
>
> Try this:
> http://www.opera.com/browser/download/?ver=11.00b1
>
> If it detects Mandriva I'll crazy go nuts.
>
> For me is detecting Ubuntu but I don't know why. I'd say it guesses.

I see the action is taken server-side because the HTML is served with
the Ubuntu item already selected.

But the issue remains the same. Browsers don't tell servers more than
the user-agent, the accepted languages, some cookies, and several
other things independent from the OS.

--
"Make sure that Office documents very well depends on PROPRIETARY IE
capabilities."