On 2010-12-07 8:05 PM, Carlos Jenkins wrote:
> That's not true, and already discussed on this threat. I'm on Debian and my
> user agent doesn't include nothing about Debian, please put
> more attention to the thread the next time before talking.

Would it be possible for systems that are not fully identifiable, to add
a button 'Determine My Distro', that initiates a system command (like
'uname -a' or something), of course warning the user what will happen
beforehand... ?

If not, why not just ask the user: "We have detected that you are
running [Linux][xBSD][whatever], but cannot determine the Distribution -
please select from the list, or enter it here:"

And/or then present the user with a list of choices, one of them being
'I know what I'm doing, let me pick from the available packages'

--

Best regards,

Charles