> Le 15/12/2010 06:20, Narayan Aras a écrit :
> > Hi Sophie,
> >> [...]
> >> we have a lot of legacy data, so this is very important to take them in
> >> consideration. This is an important knowledge base.
> > Well, I hope Michael is aware of this data and its old format.
> > If the idea is to make is available through Drupal, then this would be an
> > early goal for Drupal team.
>
> Hmm, I think you are missing something : it is not sure that admins of
> existing users forums (eg.
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/forum/index.php) will want to
> leave OpenOffice.org infrastructure. These forums are intended to
> provide assistance to users of each office suite "based" on OOo : at
> this moment OOo, OOO/StarOffice, NeoOffice and LibreOffice. I am sure
> they want to keep their freedom to manage their forums as they want.

Well, here are some considerations:
1. Experienced users who provide help to newbies may not leave OOo forums
   (They may spend some of their time at LibO forums, though).

2. Many of the problems found in LibO would be common across all variants.
   So a LibO user should search at the OOo forum first to see if it is solved
for any other variant.

   However, as time passes, LibO code would grow independently, and most of
those problems would not apply.
   In other words, the OOo forums would be useful for LibO users in the
beginning.
   After a few months, LibO forums can run on their own.

Given this situation, LibO support team has three options:
1. Do NOT start a separate forum. Redirect users to the existing forums at OOo.
2. Copy the whole data (for all variants), because many of the problems apply
to LibO today.
   (BTW we should be able to "deprecate" issues that no longer exist in the
current LibO version.)
3. Live with a fragmented knowledge base and start a new forum anyway.

-Narayan