Le 2011-02-19 11:20, Nik a écrit :
Hi all,

sorry, all my responses to the Website list are getting garbled. Don't
know what's up with that.
Anywho this is in relation to the "clover leaf" in the pigs mouth;

Christoph, I think it's cute and I like the optimism it portrays. I
would only remove the stroke from the leaves because I've avoided using
strokes in the pig.

Bernhard and Marc, I hate to be a downer, but in relation to the
clover-leaf being a symbol for LibO as a whole, I'm not sure about that,
I think the link is weak.
Clover leaf (luck, prosperity) makes sense at donation-time but what is
the link between Office software and luck in general? Bit of a stretch.
And I don't think we want the negative connotations that come with a
"luck" symbol (eg: you need a lot of luck to be able to use writer well).

Besides, when I think Libre, I think of /intentional/ actions of purpose
(like liberation and freedom), not luck.
I think when thinking symbolism to represent the whole project, we
should be looking for things that suggest strength, determination and
will-power.

But that's just my take.
-Nik

Thanks for your comments. They all make sense. Would be kind of neat to have the bent leaf "à la LibreOffice". We could always say that: "Every thing LibreOffice touches becomes libre ... luck is now libre." Hmmm. sounds viral. :-)

Cheers

Marc