On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 21:03 -0400, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
> <snip>

> > @Tim - I know the page that came back after the fix the other day looks
> > like hell - but no one is going to leave it like that. I maybe should of
> > put a nice looking landing page there, but I figured it was just Ugly
> > for a few days and better to get the files we need to like to moved and
> > rearranged first.

> I have no problem with ugly with the move to better and then to lovely.
>
> What I really was concerned about was that hiding of the right hand side
> of the text - so the thread was started.
>
> I also wondered about some other items that might crop up.
>
> Why the vertical navigation instead of the horizontal second or third
> ones like both LO.org site and the wiki site.

Different theme..

I just chanted that - Look at the site right now:
http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org

> The vertical navigation tends to remove needed screen space, as I see
> it.  I never liked them much.  Now that we have about 600px width for
> space, we need to guard as much of it is possible.

Right - I tend to agree, so maybe we need to make our own theme, again,
or just convince others to let us

> Actually, for the installs, I added thought adding German might be good,
> since that is the last language not listed that the US schools teach in
> my area.

Uh - I would be hard sell on that - not impossible, but a very very hard
sell. I would much prefer to finish what we started without changing the
target at this point, for this 21 day period - let's keep very focused
and get this done, well.

> Right now the installs on the CMS site shows 3.3.2 and not 3.3.3, so
> that may need to changed.

Old files Tim, the HTML files there having been sitting dormant for a
couple of months. Like I said the reason for a hard date this time was
so that we don't stall, again. (yes I know I'm talking about and to
myself maybe)

> ----------
>
> Also I was wondering how the "system" would compensate for all the
> shared folders and links so the files will be properly located on the
> ISO of the DVD?  The only one I have seen so far is from Brazil and it
> looks like they did very little that was similar to what the NA DVD will
> need.

Right and it appears to me that they also did not use the CMS to produce
the .iso, only for distribution, so far.

But there is a question there I've been running through my mind today
also and I suppose should be taken up on the projects list.

> Maybe someone could PM me about how that will work, or point me to the
> documentation already available.

We need to talk about on, or I should say: I thought we all agreed to
use the projects list to discuss libreofficebox issues.

> As for the extensions and such that is not currently on our DVD and
> currently resides in my "private" extension folders;

Please move this question to a different email thread, maybe with a
subject line about the upcoming extension/template site.

//drew