Hi Alex,

On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 12:23 +0100, Alexander Werner wrote:
> the crashtest VM host has arrived.

        Great news.

>  At the moment the setup is delayed as we ran into a problem with glusterfs:
> This shows up during manual gluster setup as well as automatic setup by oVirt.
> I will try to handle this by the end of next week, if that is not
> successful I will fallback to local storage which has some
> disadvantages as the host is then not able to increase the HA of the
> overall platform.

        JFYI - all of the work we do inside the main VM is throw-away work - we
only are interested in the output of it. Worse - there are tens of GB of
it generated all the time - so mirroring that across a cluster sounds
like it would bring only pain & aggravation =)

        Is there some way we can have the basic VM / OS image on a HA /
mirrored image - but ensure that the scratch data we build, and throw
away repeatedly in really huge bulk doesn't end up just screwing up the
cluster performance ;-) ie. for now local storage sounds just fine to
me ;-)

        Thanks !

                Michael.

--