Hi Guilhem,

Il 17/03/22 00:24, Guilhem Moulin ha scritto:
See
https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2019/06/06/libreoffice-6-3-on-linux-a-statement/
(I assume this followed an ESC decision — the dev list probably contains
some archives on the discussion and might be a better venue to discuss
this :-)

Thanks for the pointers. I'm fine with what you provided, no need to further discuss this :)

I guess if we desperately need to build for x86 it will be for <6.3 and will be taken from downloadarchive.df.org, at least for the time being.

For daily builds we have /current links such as
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@tb87-TDF-dbg/current/

What's the chance that the part before the 'current' changes somehow in the future? That 'tb87' worries me the most :)

For stable releases, one can use the trick described at
https://listarchives.tdf.io/i/P3QatPuSx3u3UgM3hqC1h46s .

     $ curl -A 'LibreOffice 0.0 (3215f89-f603614-ab984f2-7348103-1225a5b;
Linux; x86_86; BundledLanguages=)' \
         https://update.libreoffice.org/check.php | xmlstarlet sel -T -t -v
'/inst:description/inst:version'

So I'd like to use this one, very handy; but I still remind wget complaining about the delay between release time and that pointer being updated. Reasons behind the delay are *not* being challenged here :)

But since the effort of auto-building those AppImages is mostly to have them as soon as a new release is published (as community members ask for the AppImages just hours after release), well, that might fail the goal from the incipit.

* As a side note, do you have a tool of choice for triggering such builds?

We use Jenkins, like for regular CI.  The build environment comes from
LODE https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/lode and artifacts
are copied to dev-builds.libreoffice.org afterwards.  cloph will
probably be able to give more details next week after his vacation :-)

Thanks for the summary, probably more than sufficient for the moment.
I'd return to this when we will replace the binary builds with source ones (if it will ever happen :) ).

Cheers,
--
Emiliano Vavassori
syntaxerror...@libreoffice.org