On Thu, 17 Mar 2022 at 01:14:41 +0100, Emiliano Vavassori wrote:
> I guess if we desperately need to build for x86 it will be for <6.3 and will
> be taken from downloadarchive.df.org, at least for the time being.

Ack

>> For daily builds we have /current links such as
>> https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@tb87-TDF-dbg/current/
>
> What's the chance that the part before the 'current' changes somehow in the
> future? That 'tb87' worries me the most :)

Oh right, I believe those aren't etched in stone indeed.  In principle
we could also provide automatic compatibily links such as
/master/Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64/current/ , but I'd need to check with QA
whether there could be @$FOOBAR collisions in the future.

>> For stable releases, one can use the trick described at
>> https://listarchives.tdf.io/i/P3QatPuSx3u3UgM3hqC1h46s .
>>
>>    $ curl -A 'LibreOffice 0.0 (3215f89-f603614-ab984f2-7348103-1225a5b;
>> Linux; x86_86; BundledLanguages=)' \
>>        https://update.libreoffice.org/check.php | xmlstarlet sel -T -t -v
>> '/inst:description/inst:version'
>
> So I'd like to use this one, very handy; but I still remind wget complaining
> about the delay between release time and that pointer being updated. Reasons
> behind the delay are *not* being challenged here :)
>
> But since the effort of auto-building those AppImages is mostly to have them
> as soon as a new release is published (as community members ask for the
> AppImages just hours after release), well, that might fail the goal from the
> incipit.

I see, the update check won't work so soon after the release indeed: in
order to have some peace of mind should any regression occurs rel'eng
wants to wait a few days before updating the update check.  So
unfortunately for that use-case there is currently no other solution
than parsing our directory listings; either the HTML, or rsync

    $ rsync rsync://rsync.documentfoundation.org/tdf-pub/libreoffice/stable/ |
sed -nr 's/.*\s([0-9]\S*)$/\1/p' | sort -V | tail -n1
    7.3.1

cheers
--
Guilhem.