Doug, while I agree it would be nice; I tend to doubt this will be the
common practice.  Asking every admission if they want to opt-out of the
facility directory would be costly.  We (providers) are already concerned
about the costs (in time and money) we will incur secondary to the
distribution of and documentation of receipt of our NPP's.  This process
will also require that we obtain a written aknowledgement of receipt of the
NPP.  If we add an addtional process, even one that seems to require only a
couple minutes of the registration staff's time, the impact will be out of
proportion to the value.  This is especially true when said process is not
required (at least I hope my interpretation of this is correct).

Donald

address subscribed to the list, please use the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org