From: KERBER, JEFF [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 7:59 AM
To: WEDI SNIP Privacy Workgroup List
Subject: RE: Facility Directory

In reading the other responses to this, I'm shocked admissions isn't already doing this in most facilities. In the many discussions I have had with other hospitals the question on this has never been do we have to even tell them of the option. The question has always been how will this change what we ask (ie, clergy).  Most hospitals do this as part of JCAHO standards R.1.3.1, R.1.3.2, R.1.3.1, R.1.3.6.1 and R.1.3.6.1.1

That said... while you aren't required to tell them when they are admitted. Shouldn't you? Think about it. How many patients are going to sit and read your 3-8 page NPP and let you know they want to opt-out of the directory? This is a question of doing the right thing.
For some reason I have been under the assumption that when a patient registers we, an acute care hospital, need to explain the right to opt-out of the facility directory. Is this something we need to explain verbally or is the fact that explanation in the NPP is sufficient? I really appreciate any feedback
Cindy
---
The WEDI SNIP listserv to which you are subscribed is not moderated. The discussions on this listserv therefore represent the views of the individual participants, and do not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board of Directors nor WEDI SNIP. If you wish to receive an official opinion, post your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues Database at http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/. These listservs should not be used for commercial marketing purposes or discussion of specific vendor products and services. They also are not intended to be used as a forum for personal disagreements or unprofessional communication at any time.

You are currently subscribed to wedi-privacy as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this list, go to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at http://subscribe.wedi.org or send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
The WEDI SNIP listserv to which you are subscribed is not moderated. The discussions on this listserv therefore represent the views of the individual participants, and do not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board of Directors nor WEDI SNIP. If you wish to receive an official opinion, post your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues Database at http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/. These listservs should not be used for commercial marketing purposes or discussion of specific vendor products and services. They also are not intended to be used as a forum for personal disagreements or unprofessional communication at any time.

You are currently subscribed to wedi-privacy as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this list, go to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at http://subscribe.wedi.org or send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"This electronic message may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. Do not deliver, distribute, or copy this message, and do not disclose its contents or take action in reliance on the information it contains. Thank you."

---