Ok that was very easy, good design. Thank you, I hope that sort of question
is not too trivial for this group, perhaps it would be better asked on
weewx-user? Wasn't sure since it seems like "development" to write a new
driver, but in retrospect I could've found that in the documentation with
just a little more searching.

One small change to the documentation I would make is to indicate that
creating the _new database is not always necessary. Obvious perhaps, but
deleting the old database had the same net effect as using wee_database
weewx.conf --reconfigure and moving the new one over the old, unless I am
missing something. I also deleted the existing reports if that matters.