On Friday, 23 March 2018 08:32:29 UTC+11, Tom Keffer wrote:

> You would only "force" metric units for your skin. The "Standard" skin
> would be unchanged.

In /etc/weewx/weewx.conf I have this:

[StdConvert]
    target_unit = METRICWX

Yet using the install.py I posted earlier I get imperial data returned, I'm
trying to avoid hard-coding anything.

As a quick work around I posted both an imperial and metric extension, what
I'm trying to do is automate things.

Is there a simple way to find out if weewx.conf has metric or is this a bug
I'm hitting?

> Look at Gary's installer
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fgjr80%2Fweewx-steelseries%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Finstall.py&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGewTP3BmSvS63gsgamkfYI2hZdHA>
 for
Steel Series, in particular lines 55-64. Note how it enforces the US system
for the skin 'ss', but does nothing to the Standard skin.

Yup I also looked at least one skin which forced metric, in any case I'm
not looking to changing the standard skin, merely finding out from weeWx if
it's metric so the one extension can add metric units.

I assumed that skins would default to the system default, but it doesn't.
So I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.