Yeah this is a good idea to make it more flexible. I know I sent you a test
package but that content may actually change a bit with the full 0.7
release, so make sure you have backups!

Your best bet right now, at least to get things started, is to copy the
portions from Gary's highchartsX generator file, into the Belchertown
highcharts generator, then you would have to add those new fields to
the skins/Highcharts_Belchertown/json/day.js.tmpl (folder name is changed
in the new 0.7rc2 that I'm working on) and repeat for week/month/year json
files. Then add the plots and series data to the belchertown/js javascript
files. Lastly you'd need to update the container ID
in skins/Belchertown/index.html.tmpl
and skins/Belchertown/graphs/index.html.tmpl to add/replace the div to show
the plots you want instead.

   1. So if you wanted to add humidity you'd need the
   bin/user/belchertown_highchartsSearchX.py to get those SQL vectors into a
   json format. Probably an easy copy/paste from Gary's code.
   2. Then edit the day.json template and add those into the json output.
   Also probably an easy copy/paste from Gary's code.
   3. Then update the skins/Belchertown/js/highcharts-dayplots.js.tmpl to
   add your humidity. This is where trial and error come into play as well as
   using your Google Developers console to see JS errors. But basically you
   need map the JSON data to a highcharts series and that series has its own
   set of options. Then create a new highcharts chart using the new
   Highcharts.Chart() function. Then those options tell it where to
   "renderTo" which is the ID of a div in the index.html.

Something like humidity could probably be paired into the temperature plot
easily enough. I think there's humidity already in my files as it is, just
commented out. So maybe it's a quick win for you to mess around with.

It can get confusing quick, and it might take me a little while to get to
this. So no ETA at this time. I have some business travel coming up soon
which will slow me down quite a bit. Feel free to take an initial attempt
though!