> Are you suggesting that every time an $alltime tag is called (even if in
> the same template?), the entirety of $alltime is re-generated? I guess
> that makes sense, but I don't have a grasp on why the values would change.
> Unless it has something to do with the Timebinder changing it's time search
> and the final array of $alltime isn't really "all time".

The function get_extension_list() is called every time a template is
processed, whether or not it includes a $alltime tag. So, if you have 13
templates, it will get called 13 times. Because some templates are "to
date," while others are for a specific time period (by month, or by year),
the "timespan" parameter can vary for each template.

If you look again at the allstats example
<http://www.weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#extending_the_list>, you'll see
that all it does in get_extension_list() is build and return TimespanBinder
objects. It doesn't actually hit the database. That doesn't happen until
Cheetah finds a tag with $alltime in it and, even then, only when the final
suffix to $alltime is evaluated (the "max" in $alltime.outTemp.max).

-tk