I inherited an old Davis Weather Monitor II station when I bought my house
a few years ago. Since I couldn't find a weeWX driver for it anywhere I
wrote one this last weekend, I used the Ultimeter driver as the basis for
it and adapted some code from an app I found online called Weather Update (
http://www.dotfunk.com/projects/weatherupdate/). I also found the
documentation for the serial communication that was packed with some
drivers for MS Windows.

The code is hosted in github: https://github.com/jardiamj/wmII

My weeWX setup with that driver has been running for a couple of days now
without a crash so it should be pretty stable, I even unplug and plugged
back the data-logger from the console and it didn't crash.

I haven implemented the CRC-checksum in the driver yet, I do have working
python code for it but I just haven't added it. I am adding one thing at
the time.

I know this is an older station, and I am just happy I was able to give a
bit of new life to this old hardware. If you have a WMII and can give my
driver a try I would love some feedback.

thanks,
Jardi.