Earl,
I’ll take a first crack at this, and the WeeWX experts can clarify/help as
needed. WeeWX really does all the heavily lifting. Whatever name/values are
in the loop data that MQTTSubscribe generates will be accumulated into an
archive record. You should see this happening if you run WeeWX from the
command line.
But, if the name is not known to WeeWX, it will not be added to the
database. Note, I’ve never done this, but I’d start by reading this
http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#add_archive_type

rich