If my changes really were working, they are not working now.

I configured my system only have Python 3, and now weewx isn't running.

Even the weewx engine code doesn't work on Python 3 without this change:
https://groups.google.com/g/weewx-user/c/G0poSyhJUyc

I'm working with Version 4.2.0 alpha ...
Starting over with my driver mods...

Chris Shaker