Thanks for the info, looks like using the bridge instead of USB has the
same issue. I was using a windows computer for a few years with the kevin
key's Acu-Link to Weather
Underground
http://kevin-key.blogspot.com/2013/11/app-that-reads-data-from-acu-link.html
using this it was sending rapid fire, don't know how he had it dealing with
the partial packets though but it worked. we had a bad lightening strike
that took out a bunch of stuff in the house so i rebuilt using the
raspberry instead of fixing the pc.