When you say you "switch off the pi". Do you mean that you just kill the
power at the wall? That you don't use ' shutdown -h ' now or another,
orderly, software controlled shutdown?

If so then it's possibly file corruption. If you kill the power while weewx
(cheetah generator) has the tmpl files open then weewx won't have a chance
to clean up any temporary files or worse you catch a file mid creation.

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi-raspberry pi + weewx: now with scripts
<https://github.com/glennmckechnie/rorpi-raspberrypi>