I was going to say this should be painless after some experimentation and
realising I just needed (in outline) to copy over /home/weewx, and upgrade
with setup.py - that was how I originally installed it, and I prefer having
everything in one directory.

However...  Am getting these errors in syslog:

Dec 16 13:32:12 weather2 weewx[625]: import of driver failed: 'module'
object has no attribute 'getAltitudeM' (<type exceptions.AttributeError'>)
Dec 16 13:32:12 weather2 weewx[625]: engine: Unable to load driver:
'module' object has no attribute 'getAltitudeM'
Dec 16 13:32:12 weather2 weewx[625]:     ****  Exiting...
Dec 16 13:35:34 weather2 rsyslogd-2007: action 'action 17' suspended, next
retry is Fri Dec 16 13:36:34 2016 [try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2007 ]

There is no output to /home/weewx/public_html being created - the most
recent time is before I stopped the old Pi.