On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 1:35:54 AM UTC-8, Per Edström wrote:

> Actually, there is not that much info available..

There is a 'huge' amount of information available for how to back up a pi,
how to back up a sqlite3 database, and how to verify a backup is good and
can be restored.

Try a google for "sqlite3 how to backup a database" for starters....

> folke@eBox3350.L5E:~$ sqlite3 /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb ".backup
> /home/folke/weewx.sdb.bak"
> Error: database is locked

To back up the database, all you have to do is copy the weewx.sdb file to
another filename with cp.

I have a script that does this one on github at
https://github.com/vinceskahan/vds-weewx-backup-data/blob/master/weewx-backup-copy.sh

if you just want to grab that.  You'll probably want to comment out the
lines mentioning the old v2 stats.sdb file which will not be present on
your v3 weewx system.

If you want to check your backup copy is good, run 'sqlite3 pragma
integrity_check' against it.    To be 'really' safe, stop weewx before you
make your backup, but I have never personally needed to do it.  I just copy
it on the fly.  Always works for me in many years of nightly backups.