Ok, I what has happened now.

The wxssgauges.php page is distributed with the WD plugin for the Saratoga
templates, wxssgauges.php has a variable that is set to refer to the
location of the SteelSeries Weather Gauages scripts. When I donwloaded and
installed the gauges some time ago (v2.4.4 - pre-GitHub version) the
included gauges-ss-basic-inc.php was slightly different, it used $ssgDir:

  <!-- Included Scripts -->

  <!-- CDN hosted JQuery library -->
  <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.1.min.js";></script>
  <!-- or... -->
  <!-- Local JQuery library, do not use if your containing page already
pulls in a copy of JQuery -->
  <!-- <script src="scripts/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script> -->

  <!-- Combined steelseries.js & tween.js -->
  <script src="<?php echo $ssgDir; ?>scripts/steelseries_tween.min.js">
</script>

  <!-- Once you have customised this scripts to your requirements you
should minimise
       and concatenate them into a single file in the same order  as below
-->
  <script src="<?php echo $ssgDir; ?>scripts/language.min.js"></script>
  <script src="<?php echo $ssgDir; ?>scripts/gauges.js"></script>

  <!--Optional Wind Rose scripts -->
  <script src="<?php echo $ssgDir; ?>scripts/RGraph.common.core.min.js">
</script>
  <script src="<?php echo $ssgDir; ?>scripts/RGraph.rose.min.js"></script>

whereas the version on GitHub now does not make use of $ssgDir in
gauges-ss-basic-inc.php.

So what to do? I think you have 3 choices:

1. Get rid of the web-server directory (move its contents, both files and
folders, to st/ssg). This shoul dresult in the scripts being found and the
page loading
2. Change the "src=scripts/..." entries in gauges-ss-basic-inc.php to
"src=scripts/...". You now have an orphan file, though it is unlikely to
chnage too much in the future.
3. Get hold of the old gauges-ss-basic-inc.php and use it. probably best to
go with the latest version though.

I would be doing 1.

Gary