On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 4:22:50 PM UTC-8, Tom Keffer wrote:

> Would it be better if I allow the database upgrade to finish before I
>> connect the weather station (Vantage Pro 2 + Envoy) or it doesn't really
>> matter?
>>

> Copy your old weewx.sdb file to /home/weewx/archive/weewx.sdb.
> Start weewxd. It will automatically do the database upgrade. Be prepared
> to wait! For this step, I would suggest running weewxd from the command
> line.

If you have 5 years of data, be certain you're working off a 'copy' of your
old weewx.sdb just in case.   Also, it'll take a while, perhaps a long
while, to do the conversion.  Older model pi had issues completing it
successfully, but I'm guessing/hoping a pi3 has enough horsepower that
it'll succeed.  Be very patient during the conversion process.  It'll also
take some time to generate your NOAA reports the first time.  Watch the
command line output. If possible ssh in and 'tail -f' your
/var/log/messages to watch there too.

If you run into issues it's possible to offline convert things on a faster
machine, if I remember correctly (it's been a while).