From: weewx-user@googlegroups.com <weewx-user@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
Glenn McKechnie <glenn.mckech...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:03:11 PM
To: weewx-user@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [weewx-user] Re: Repsonsive Skin - Australian Weather Network data

Okay, finally got around to it.
Add another one to the Aus Weather Network, using your addition. So, a Thank
You from here as well!

Two things of note.
I added the stanza above to the new Standard skin as you'd described for Steve,
above. Sometime later I found that the NOAA template menu wasn't being
generated for that skin.
Backtracking through my additions I found that the culprit was with that
addition. (The file WL_stickertags.txt.tmpl was being generated just fine)
Adding 2 extra square brackets [[[WL_stickertags]]] to correct the nesting
fixed it. No error messages just a silent NOAA menu for that skin (no idea if
it would affect other skins?) It's repeatable; take them out, it breaks; add
them back in - it works. Magical!

Also, I notice that in your Responsive skin config you have 'encoding =
strict_ascii' included above it. I wonder if that's why absurd rainfall figures
and NaN is showing up at times on the map page - as per the attached image.
I reckon it might be the culprit there as my data (at least the batch that was
uploaded to AWN over that period) was okay at this end, and it's suspicous that
Steve's @ Bacchus was showing the same error. I'm assuming he's missing that
encoding override as well.
I won't know for sure until I swap it out here, but I won't do the swap until I
catch it in the act ( I'd already set it up to log all the WL*'s in the one
file, before I came across the above error. I'm going to attempt to nail this
sucker when it pops up, or at least try!)

The correct format, to add to your skin.conf of choice, follows...

[CheetahGenerator]

   [[ToDate]]

        ## Template file for providing data to Australian Weather Network
        ## Based on template file for Weather Link as per instructions
        ## at http://www.australiawx.net/instructions.php
        ## and template file at http://www.australiawx.net/WL_stickertags.txt

        [[[WL_stickertags]]]

            encoding = strict_ascii
            template = DATA/WL_stickertags.txt.tmpl

with the DATA/WL_stickertags.txt.tmpl also in that skins directory, with that
path.

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi + weewx: now with
scripts<https://github.com/glennmckechnie/rorpi-raspberrypi>

On 9 January 2017 at 14:31, Carlingford Weather
<weather@carlingfordweather.sydney<mailto:weather@carlingfordweather.sydney>>
wrote:
Great. They would like more of us on the Network.