The WMR300 driver initializes differently starting with v3.7.0. It's
possible this broke something. You could try reverting to the old v3.6.2
driver
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/weewx/weewx/v3.6.2/bin/weewx/drivers/wmr300.py>
and see if that has an affect.

If you can successfully run weewx on a different computer and/or a
different kernel, that would certainly suggest that it is an OS/kernel
problem and not a problem with your WMR300 hardware or driver.

-tk